I have to confessI had a moment in episode two where I was pleading to the tv screen begging Emily Mortimer to stop yelling. But Using Rogers On Demand I rejoined the show and got caught up in three episode bursts this week. Tonight I watched the finale to season one. It was a terrific finale and ended with a lift not the usual dark and brooding cliffhanger. I am thinking of NCIS.
A few things I really liked
- the reference to Murrow interviewing Liberace
- any reference to the NSA, the truly large and mysterious intelligence agency of the US
- Sam Waterson politely snarling
- Olivia Munn‘s socially inept Sloan Sabbath
- Lennie the bodyguard
- Jim, Don, Maggie, Lisa, the great twisted romantic cocktail, shaken and stirred
- Jeff Daniels is superb
I have half admired John McCain till the quote they showed of him stating the US is historically a Christian based government. I am a Canadian and pay some attention to American history and politics and even I know that the founding fathers separated churh and state. Religious tolerance. The denial of facts, the vicious political climate that is not just polarized but is heading to something more like the US in 1859.
I look for Aaron Sorkin to do even more next season.