things have been hectic and a little nervewracking lately
- I need my aortic valve replaced, surgery about the second week of January
- last wee on Monday and Friday my hemodialysis chest line replaced, clotting problems.
- I resume blood thinners tonight after an angiogram
- angiogram today showed no artery blockages, my stent wide open as well
- my aortic valve needs replacement
- I am experiencing shortness of breath after basic exertion
- my walkind distance before I have to stop to catch my breath down to about 30 feet
- this morning to get from the hospital entrance to the cardiac short stay unit for the angiogram, I needed to borrow a wheelchair.
I am working with my limitations of walking distance. I am hopeful that the valve replacement will improve my quality of life. Better blood flow should mean greater walking range. i am told a mechanical valve can last up to ten years. I believe that the valve fix will put me back on the tramsplant list. I got the call for a donated kidney for transplant at the beginning of October but had to turn it down. I expect 2015 to be a wonderful year.