nothing too terrible just small scale PITA
- Thursday morning is my fourth day
- the waiting room boys, all men older than me, have decided they want to sit in the dark in the waiting room
- my take on this question is that the room is a waiting room in a hospital not a cave
- at the end of the run I spoke with the charge nurse and said I was unwilling to sit in the dark next week and did not want to start a gang fight, she said she would handle it
- for some reason I did not get called in fourth but as the last dialysis patient
- I was told to wait and wait I did
- my nurse finally came looking for me and was a bit surprised to find me out in the waiting room cooling my heels
What is interesting to me is the amount of lurking rage that lies just below the surface of dialysis patients, male and female both, that comes out in a flash with a scratch of irritation.
I have heard some scathing remarks out in the waiting room. Once a nurse is around to hear, the tone jumps to sweetness and light. The motto is “don’t piss off the nurses.”
A shame we fall into that pattern.