It is has not been the easiest of months, January 2014
Primarily the winter weather has been fierce, super cold temperatures as low as -32 degrees Celsius, lots of snow and blowing snow making the drive first thing in the dark of early morning difficult and stressful….
On the nuts and bolts of dialysis a few issues:
- low blood pressures 120/nn dropping to 103/nn or even lower during the run, which means the nurse has to back off going for fluid, which means I do not get down to my target weight
- weight increase which would normally mean higher blood pressure that I come in with but that has not been the case
- leg cramps while sitting in the treatment chair, painful as heck
- cramps in my legs after I have returned home, interrupting sleep
- generally feeling worn down by all of this
on the plus side one more month done, so one month into the 12 months predicted at the period in which I will rise to the top of the transplant list.